Guide to correct maintenance of microfiber products
The following washing tips should be followed for correct maintenance of our textiles and to ensure the most environmentally friendly maintenance, in a way that the environment is spared as much as possible.
- Wash microfiber mops and microfiber cloths in a machine wash up to 90° C.
- Remember that the fibres open up at 67 degrees celsius and that the water hoses down the split fibres, so 70 degrees would be enough, but do never wash microfiber-products below 70 degrees celsius, as the fibres will not be clean at a temperature below 70 degrees celsius.
- Tumbledrying has to happen in a moisture set tumbledryer or a tumbledryer that dries with cold air. In case this is not possible, choose closet-dry.
- Use regular detergent (PH<10,5), like an environmentally friendly one, and adjust the dose to half of the recommended dosage of detergent as microfiber is self-cleaning at temperatures above 67 degrees celsius.
- Do not use washing amplifier!
- Do not use fabric softener, as it encapsulates the fibres (if washed accidentally - wash again without fabric softener.)
- Do not use chlorine or bleach, except for what the detergent already contains.
- Can be washed separately, as the material keeps the nap from other textiles.
- If washed with other textiles, especially fuzzy textiles, use a washing bag.
- Wash ONLY microfiber cloths together in one wash.
- Wash ONLY microfiber mops together in one wash.
- Wash ONLY cotton products together in one wash.
- Wash ONLY acryllic products together in one wash.
- Remember to always wash the 4 different types of products seperately, because there are different bacteria in each of the 4 products as they are used on different surfaces.
- Wash on 70 degrees celsius to save energy, and to protect the environment.
- Tumbledrying in a moisture set tumbledryer.
Download the maintenance guide as PDF for printing here.
For more information about maintenance on each of the different products, read the datasheet on the product.
*Nordisk Microfiber is Denmarks greatest producer of microfiber-products for the professional cleaning business